Monday, April 21, 2008

Riding in The cold


Rode 5.22 miles today. 27.14 miles total since blog began.


My bike ride commute on the way home from work was damned cold. 27 degrees with a 12 mile an hour wind. Of course the wind is always to your face no matter what direction your pedaling. I had a hoodie on but I couldn't wear the hood over my ears because of my bike helmet.
I need to get something like this dudes wearing. A Headsweats Warm Cap. It fits underneath a bike helmet.
Performance bike has these ear warmers for $19.95.
My cheapo headlight fell off and broke but it "ain't no biggie". After being harrased by a cop because of no headlight on my bike I went to the thrift store and bought an angled flashlight for $1.00. It was taped on but after riding in a bad snow/sleet/rain one day the tape loosened up. Not having anymore tape I used rubber bands to connect my cheapo flashlight to the bar. The battery went dead and is not replaceable so tonight I was riding in the dark hoping no cops would see me. Guess I'm gonna have to upgrade my lighting situation pretty soon. Maybe I'll go back to the thrift store and get that $3.00 flashlight.

No comments: